Monday 27 June 2011

Thing #1 - What do I expect to get out of CPD23?



Image Credit: Striatic on Flickr

Late again, as per usual. Although I do have a good excuse for once, having been on holiday for the past week, and sadly I, unlike some of my more focused librarian friends, am not dedicated enough to post blog entries when I could be relaxing and generally distracting myself instead.

So I've signed up to CPD: 23 Things in an attempt to continue my professional development, which I've found has slacked hugely since I got my first library job. It is very easy to fall out of the habit of self reflection and engaging with issues within the library world, and I hope that this blog will force me to engage with my fellow librarians and do more, which I definitely feel I should be. Hopefully participating in this project will assuage the huge amounts of guilt I feel when I read about people on Twitter doing way more useful things with their free time than I, because now I too am taking part in something.

Phew, finally proof that I'm not completely lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment